TERMS AND REFERENCES
- Deed of Trust is a Trading name of Deed of Trust Limited (Company Number: 7888355), registered address of 20-22 Wenlock Road London N1 7GU (“DOT”)
- These Terms and Conditions are applicable to any individual, company and or representative of either an individual or company (“You”)
- By clicking “Submit Application and Pay” you agree fully with all Terms and Conditions (“T&C’s”) and further agree to be bound by them
- If you disagree with any of the T&C’s and/or are under 18 years of age and/or not of sound mind you MUST NOT make a purchase from DOT
- All services, Deeds and documents (“document”) (“documents”) (“documentation”) (“service”) will be supplied by DOT in accordance with these T&C’s
- We reserve the right to make reasonable variations to the Terms from time to time. Such variation will take effect immediately upon the posting of the varied Terms on the Website. In accepting the Terms you are deemed to accept such variations. You cannot make amendments to the T&C’s.
- Documentation will be produced using the information supplied by you. If inaccurate information is produced because of information supplied by you, you will not be entitled to a part or full refund.
- Due to constant changes in law, tax legislation, legal precedent and probate requirements DOT cannot guarantee any documentation is accurate, complete or relevant.
- DOT will aim to produce Deeds as relevant and accurately as reasonably possible for use in law in ENGLAND & WALES ONLY. If you have any assets outside of ENGLAND & WALES you should obtain a service local to your asset. Partial or full refunds will not be issued if you ignore this condition.
- We are not a firm of Solicitors and are not regulated by or subject to the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Any advice we provide does not constitute legal advice and you should not treat it as such.
- This website is for general information only and any part of it does not constitute professional advice. The AUTHOR of this site is NOT a solicitor, licensed conveyancer, legal executive or otherwise legally qualified, however Advisors who draft our deeds may be so qualified. Whilst Deed of Trust makes every effort to maintain the accuracy of the information on this web site, Deed of Trust shall not be liable for any loss, effect, reaction or subsequent result of the use of any product, information or service advertised or displayed on this site including our bespoke deeds of trust. The readers of Deed of Trust assume full responsibility for using the information on this web site. We recommended that you seek independent legal advice if you do not understand any element of your particular circumstances. The legal information supplied only applies to England and Wales.Links to other sites from this site are for information only and Deed of Trust accepts no responsibility or liability for information contained on any site which is linked from or to this site.
- DOT works within the OFT ‘Distance Selling Regulations’. In agreeing to these T&C’s you agree that the service can start before the usual cancellation periods ends. You further agree that the service has started upon receipt of confirmation of payment from DOT’s payment processors Paypal. Once you have received your payment confirmation DOT will start to create your Deed.
- Furthermore DOT Deeds are made to you the consumers own particular specifications in accordance with your instructions when completing the online application form and therefore cannot be cancelled once the documentation is created.
EXCLUSION FROM LIABILITY
- DOT shall have no liability to you in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any indirect, consequential, special or incidental damage or loss arising from your use of or inability to use the Service, Deed produced or the Website (including any of its contents and Documentation) including (without limitation) loss of profit or anticipated savings, loss or corruption of data, loss caused by a virus, loss of or damage to property, claims of third parties, fines or penalties levied by any taxing or other authority or any other loss or damage. In particular DOT will not be liable for any Tax incurred or imposed upon by Your Estate as a result of the interpretation of your Deed by H M Revenue and Customs or any other Tax authority.
- You acknowledge that You have full knowledge of your own Tax circumstances and that you indemnify DOT in respect of any loss you may suffer in connection with the use of the Service and the consequent Deed produced.
DISCLAIMER – INDEPENDENT LEGAL ADVICE IS RECOMMENDED
- We recommend that any deed produced by us be referred to your legal advisers for vetting.
- For the avoidance of doubt DOT hereby states that any deed it produces for you is not an “instrument” for the purposes of Clause 5 Subsection 3 of Schedule 2 of the Legal Services Act 2007 (the “LSA 2007”) and accordingly its provision to you shall not be deemed a “reserved instrument activity” as defined in Clause 5 Subsection 1 of Schedule 2 of the LSA 2007. Consequently the provision of a deed does not constitute a “reserved legal activity” as defined in Part 3 (Section 12) of the LSA 2007.
- By using our services you acknowledge and irrevocably agree that:
- Any deed produced for you is provided on an ‘as is’ basis without any representations or endorsements made and without any warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to, implied warranties of fitness for purpose or accuracy. It remains your responsibility to ensure that the deed is appropriate and complete in all respects for its intended purpose;
- Provision of any deed shall not constitute advice of any sort, whether legal or otherwise and the basis on which you acquire or make use of any deed is that the deed is suitable for use by you in conjunction with proper advice as to its application and adaptation for your particular requirements. We will not have any liability to you at all if you use any deed produced by us without obtaining appropriate legal advice nor will we have any responsibility at all for any alterations made to the deed after you have received it;
- Neither DOT nor any of its affiliates (or their respective directors, officers and employees) shall be liable for any loss or damage arising out of or in any way connected with the use of any deed produced by us under any law or on any basis whatsoever whether contractual or otherwise, including, without limitation, any indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages (such as loss of business or profits or any other financial loss). Nothing in this clause shall restrict or limit DOT’s liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- You may not provide any deed produced by us for use by others; and
- The law is subject to change and as a result the deed may become outdated. However, DOT is under no obligation to notify you of any such changes.
- All personal information is collected, held and used in strict compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- DOT will NOT pass on your information to any third party.